Tuesday, August 30, 2011

☆*August favorite products*☆ PART TWO!

The second part of my August favorites will cover the best makeup and hair care products.

MAKEUP FAVORITES OF THE MONTH

Kiehl's Ultra Facial Tinted Moisturizer SPF 15 Sunscreen in Light

In comparison with the BB cream from SKIN79, this product is much better in terms of coverage, texture and anti-acne prone. I also heard in the past that tinted moisturizer is frequently recommended by experts because the texture of it is much lighter and there is a large range of shades to suit any skin color. The most recognized tinted moisturizer I heard was from Laura Mercier. It seems to be the all-times best seller in terms of best tinted moisturizer along the base makeup. I tested on my hand the Laura Mercier product few month ago but I never dared to buy it because I used to dislike using any foundation because of acne problems.

To point out about this product is that I haven't got a lot of pimples since I've been using it for a month now. So I'm grateful and enjoying this product a lot.

Although this product also contains sunscreen, the texture does not feel thick or heavy on my face. There is no "cakey" feeling compared to the SKIN79 BB cream in pink. Also, oil-control all day long is really effective.

Product rating: 9/10

Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer in Warm Ivory with Pale Yellow Sheer Finish Loose Powder

FIY: the main reason I'm using this product is because my sister doesn't use it and it's not right color. So I have to use for the sake of money lol

Besides, this concealer is great because it also provided a tiny powder underneath the concealer to set it afterwards. I love this product because it really does conceal my dark circles well. Sometimes, I also use it to conceal some blemishes and acne but I tend to not try doing that because it can cause more inflammation to my acne.

It very convenient and portable, so I guess that's why there is powder provided...why not give a tiny brush applicator too? lol

Unfortunately, I don't think this type of packaging for concealer is available at any Bobbi Brown counter anymore. They are promoting strongly on that new duo creamy concealer kit. Also, another downside about Bobbi Brown's makeup products, they can be a bit too pricey but I guess worth it? This is just my thoughts.

Product rating: 8.5/10

Maybe this color is just too bright for my skin tone :/

Melliesh Blush in Pink 01

I may have reviewed or rated as my favorites before but IT IS a good blush! It's definitely a "dolly-like" blush!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE... XD nothing else I can say.

It has a bit of glitter in it but it doesn't really bother me much. It's very pink though if you aren't too careful when applying it.

Looking where to buy it? I can suggest a couple website for you guys :)

Sasa.com
Pinkyparadise.com

Product rating: 9/10

A bit hard to rate a blush for me XD

Majolica Majorca Puff de Cheeks in Pink 301

Again this another favorite product I already mentioned before. I just love Japanese blushes XD I guess they suit more for Asian? I have to say that this color is more orange than pink (on the label it says "pink"). This blush can be found at any Watson stores in Thailand. The price is reasonable too :)

I like to mix orange and pink color as it goes well with my skin tone. Sometimes I like to use them for natural look or dolly-like look. It's just fun to mix color together :)

Unlike the previous blush, this doesn't have glitter. It's more a matte finish.

Product rating: 8.5/10

HAIR CARE FAVORITE OF THE MONTH

Essential Damage-Care Rich Premier with Shea Butter

Please note that this product is the conditioner one and not the hair mask. The hair mask contains an additional ingredient: honey.

This particular hair conditioner has been acknowledged by several makeup and beauty gurus already, including Eki chan, Xiaxue, Bubzbeauty, Suzi of StyleSuzi and Jen of fromheadtotoe. And now myself have to personally say that i love it too :)

It definitely nourishes starting from the root of hair to give and maintain a healthy glow, smooth and radiance to your hair. In comparison to the pink line, this orange line's products are much more richer. It's great and more recommended for those who have dyed, permed or damaged hair. I also love the smell of this product :)

What really made me fall in love with this product more ? Thanks to Jen's new hair care routine video on her YT channel, my hair has gone from very dry to smooth, manageable and healthier hair! Jen said that she likes to cover up her hair, after applying the conditioner, with a shower cap for deeper-conditioning. Well, I tried that a few times and it REALLY work!!! Thanks Jen!! :D So now, I have to HAVE this little orange friend in my shower!! XD

Product rating: 9/10

L'Oreal Nutri-Gloss Light Shine Conditioner

This is another favorite conditioner I have in my shower. Yes! Believe it or not, I have 2 conditioners, 1 hair mask and a shampoo in my bathroom XD I just like to switch around from time to time. Not too often, obviously ^^

What's good about this product?

Definitely gives shine to my hair! And my hair feels much LIGHTER after each use compared to the Essential Rich Premier one! I LOVE the smell too!! :) And it really helps manage and smooth my hair. Good, good! d( ^ ^o)

Product rating: 9/10

Skin Mates Fruit Bio Treatment with Bergamot and Peach

Anyone knows what's a bergamot? I'm guessing it's a fruit? The smell is just wonderful!!! This is a great hair mask!

Skin Mates is, I think, a Thai brand. This product was introduced to me by a friend of mine and I think her parents are the owner of the company. This is my second time I purchased this hair mask from her. It's very affordable as well => 120 baht.

Before I used the two hair conditioners I mentioned above, I used this hair mask every week. This product really helped my hair in a healthy way. It has a similar purpose as the Essential Rich Premier one which is the deep conditioning.

Product rating: 8/10

FIY: I added the shower cap next to it just because it has a good purpose for this deep-conditioning treatment LOL

OK!......

This is FINALLY the end of my August favorite of the month! I hope you enjoy reading it ^^

Feel free to comment in the section below for any suggestions on improvement of my blog or anything you want :)

Take care!!

Love,
Rosie

No comments:

Post a Comment