I'm very excited to say that it's another time for a monthly favorites post! Since the weather here in Bangkok has gone wildly HOT, I had to slightly re-adjust my skincare routine accordingly. So the month of April has been a huge focus on getting my skin healthier and easier to work with when applying makeup.
Without no further ado, let's start with my new skincare products I have added in regimen.
- Purity made simple, a one-step facial cleanser, by Philosophy > this is a very gentle cleanser that does deep cleansing into large pores, removes all oil, dirt and bacteria. It leaves a nice smooth and clean skin without stripping your skin layers. This is great for very sensitive skin like me. Downside is that you cannot get Philosophy products in Thailand anymore >.< have to buy online.
- Clarisonic Mia 2 > it's the facial brush in pink you see in the picture. This facial brush massages your skin and removes all makeup and impurities in your pores. It leaves a very smooth and clean feeling after each use. It also helps the skin to absorb better all skincare products. FYI: I use the Delicate brush head for my very sensitive skin and acne-prone condition. As for now, I use this only once a day, at night.
- Clarins Serum Skin Beauty Repair Concentrate for Sensitive Skin > this product has been my life saver in reducing redness of my old acne. I only use this once a day, at night.
- L'Oreal GENTLE Lip and Eye make-up remover for waterproof make-up > this was recommended by my sister-in-law. She's been using this product for many years now and she is still using it today. I myself never thought of using any drugstore products because of my skin condition. But this product is harmless. It doesn't sting or blur your eyes. It's very gentle enough to remove your eye make-up thoroughly. This product can be found at any drugstores and big supermarkets like TOPS Supermarket. The price is Bath240.
- Lancome Blanc Maqui Miracle > this is the latest foundation from Lancome. It has specifically been created for Asian skin types and weather condition. I love how it helps hide my high pigmentation of post acne scars and redness. I try not to use foundation on a daily basis as there could be a high chance of breakouts.
- Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion in Sin color > this primer works very well on lazy days. But it also boosts other color eye shadows very well due to its high pigmentation. I would highly recommend you to use this primer with a brown eye shadow, leaves you with a warm shimmery finish!
- e.l.f Makeup and Cosmetic Studio blush in Fuschia Fusion (left) and Tickled Pink (right) > I love these affordable blushes! As you can see, I already hit the pan with Tickled Pink. That color has no glitter and it gives a very natural look. It's great for summer too! The other blush is also great for a girly look or office look. High pigmented!
- Lavshuca Moist Melting Rouge Summer > this is another product introduced from my sister-in-law. It's a Japanese cosmetic brand. She found it while she stayed in Hong Kong last winter. I'm sorry but I have no clue about the color code of this lipstick. All I can say is that it's a nude color and it suits me perfectly. I have to say that this lipstick is very very moisturizing, no offense but better than REVLON LIP BUTTER!
Alright, this is the end of my April Favorites!
Let me finish this post with a What's In My Makeup Bag :D
- Makeup bag was a free gift I got while shopping at Shibuya 109 in Tokyo last winter. I love how much stuff I can put in!
- Heart mirror was also a free gift I got at the same shop in Shibuya 109 with the makeup bag.
- I carry a couple of lipglosses and lipsticks (sometimes). These two Melliesh lipglosses are very moisturizing and great for on the go! I like to have two different shades for my lips. One for casual and the other for formal meetings.
- I hate compact powder or how some containers are just not practical for on the go! >.< So I like how I use this contact lens container to keep my powder in it! It's so small!
- I like to keep some eye shadows with me, whether it's to fix my look or change to an evening look. I love that 4 color palette because the eye shadows are creamy type. I don't have to worry about smudges and creasing moments.
- My favorite concealer is always there to fix my dark circles throughout the day.
- My favorite liquid eyeliner from Dolly Wink is always in my makeup bag :)
- Shu Uemura brush (or any small/ travel brush) is just great to have in case you wanna fix your face on the go. Sometimes I like to have my e.l.f studio blush for formal meetings :)
- Some hair necessities just in case of one of those bad hair days >.<
- Lastly, I always keep some bandages just in case of emergency! ^^
I hope you enjoyed this monthly post! Make sure you take care of your skin well in this unstable weather in Bangkok! Also, drink lots of water to keep your body and skin hydrated during the day! :)
See you next post, take care!