Sunday, October 21, 2012

Slice-of-my life: First job OOTD & redefining happiness

So since I graduated, holding a Bachelor degree in Communication Management, I luckily got a job at a small company very shortly. It was introduced by one of my closest friend from high school. She's also my neighbor since then. Hopefully, once I get my own income, I will be able to treat her and show how much I appreciate for her help!

Below, you can see my OOTD I wore to work. Only 2 OOTDs because I started in the middle of the week. I had to wear double layers of jackets because the air con is quite cool by the end of the day. 


OOTD #1 (left)
  • Blue tank top from Topshop
  • Green tank top from CPS (CHAPS)
  • Grey jacket from CPS (CHAPS)
  • Black jacket I got from HK long time ago
  • Patterned leggings from Uniqlo I recently bought 
  • Black shoes with studs from GUESS 
  • Necklace from Forever XXI (I think) 
OOTD #2 (right)
  • Pink shirt from Jaspal 
  • Black jacket from CPS (CHAPS) > you can't see it here because it was a very tight jacket. I was scared to get cold at the office, but it didn't help at all. I was still cold = =" 
  • Brown cardigan from Pull & Bear
  • Black skirt from Siam night market 
Finally, I wanna share my today's OOTD. A nice sunny Sunday, great feeling, suitable outfit! :) 

OOTD #2



  • Long floral dress from Platinum Fashion Mall
  • Denim sleeveless jacket from CPS (CHAPS) 
  • Straw hat...Don't remember whether I bought in Thailand or Singapore.
  • Rose gold watch from Michael Kors 
  • Two gold bracelets > one was bought from my mom and the other one was given by my grandma 
  • Rings, some were given by my uni friends. That heart ring on my ring finger, I have no idea how or where I got it. I found it t my old house XD
I wanna share my office desk arrangement too! I think this was taken on my first day at work. I had to borrow my boss' computer and my colleague's iPad because I didn't know I had to bring my computer :X 
To be honest, I wasn't expecting to get any work on my first day at work! I never experienced that before at my other internships! XD So that's why you see that "100 ways to Happiness: A guide for busy people" by Dr. Timothy J. Sharp. on my desk. But I never had the chance to read it since then. Only before bed time, I can find 5-10 minutes to read 1-2 pages. 


Just now, I was reading one particular page: "6. Alter Bad Habits"
But the end quote is very inspiring > "Small opportunities are often the beginning of great enterprises." by Demosthenes, 384-322 BC, Greek statesman
The reason why this quote caught my eyes is because I've been whining about how my other uni friends are lucky to get into those "big" companies. I would also imagine their lives looking much better than mine.
But after I read this quote, I realized that I'm also lucky to have a job right now. I don't have to worry about job hunting for a year after I graduate. I was lucky. So why should I keep complaining about it right?
Like my close friend I met yesterday told me that when firms look at your resume, they look at your work experiences. Whether you have interned or worked at various companies, it doesn't matter if it's big or small firms.
So why worry about my future? Someday, my life will be better, greater. Someday, I will be a better, greater person than I am today. That's all I should keep telling myself every day. Never give up! I was lucky and I'm very grateful where I am today.
Thank you! (you know who you are, both of you! I don't think I should say your names in public!)


Lastly, I just wanted to share this picture of my student ID at Waseda Language and Culture School. I never took Japanese language seriously. I've always taught myself Japanese since I was a teenager. I watch, listen, read Japanese by myself. I had a Japanese tutor before and she disappeared at some point.  But now, I'm attending this Japanese class at Waseda Language and Culture School for a 3-month period. It's definitely "serious" this time because we get tested every week and have final exam at the end of the course. There are surely things that I wouldn't never know myself! Like writing each letter in the proper way is hard! Never crossed my mind before XD 
By the end of the course, I will find out whether I can move on to the next level! Will sure do! 


So that's it for this post! Both a bit of Fashion and slice of my life XD 
I hope it wasn't too boring. I just felt like writing my thoughts on my blog. It may sounds nonsense or hard to read at some point but I hope it's understandable! sorry about it :p

See you on my next post!
Have a good sunny Sunday!

Love,
Rosie 


No comments:

Post a Comment