Monday, February 11, 2013

Product Review: L'Oreal Le Teint True Match Super-Blendable liquid foundation

Hello everyone! 
Welcome back to my blog ^^ 

Back in December, I wanted to try out a new base makeup to keep all my post-acne scars and redness away during the winter. I browsed online from high-end foundations to drugstore products. Since I couldn't go too crazy over any products due to sensitive skin, any best seller foundations were not my options. I had to play 'safe' somehow. 

So, at the end, I picked up L'Oreal Le Teint True Match Super-blendable liquid foundation with SPF 17 PA++
This foundation costed me about 400 baht. 
You can find this product at most Watson and Boots stores and TOPS Supermarket. 

A little about L'Oreal Le Teint True Match Super-Blendable liquid foundation:

Available in 8 skin-true shades specially created for Asian's skin tones. 

Finish : Natural 
Coverage: Light to medium
Skin-type: All skin-type (oil-free) 
Color I picked up: G1 Vanilla Ivory 

During my first week trial, I used the foundation alone with my favorite M.A.C foundation brush. I love how lightweight the foundation felt. It also brightened up my face. But it wasn't heavy enough to cover up my scars. 
On my second week trial, I decided to mix the foundation with my favorite Lioele BB cream. This cream has a thicker texture. So i was hoping that it would help me to cover up my scars. In the end, the mix of the two looked fine. So i kept up with this combination for another 2 weeks or so. 



As you can see, below is me wearing L'Oreal Le Teint True Match foundation and Lioele Beyond the solution BB cream when I was sick >.< But I still look healthy! :) 


My face didn't get too oily during the day, except my nose area. So I may have to pat some powder or blot off the excess oil with tissue. 

After a few weeks of usage, I started to notice that the foundation was melting off around my nose area and forehead. I started to get disappointed and got very upset when i started to breakout!!! 

After a month of trial, my face started to break out like crazy. Especially along my chin area. At first, I wasn't sure what was wrong. There were many factors to cause me from breaking out: 

1) Lack of sleep
2) Too much product used on one application 
3) Stress
4) Sickness > i caught a bad virus during that time too, so i wasn't really in a good shape 
5) Hormones 

So I immediately stopped using the product. My face took about a month to recover from the crazy breakouts. I left my face 'foundation-free' for about 1-2 weeks. The less products applied on my face, the better and faster to recover. 

All in all, it's definitely an affordable product to try out. I love how light weight it felt and natural my face looked but I'm very disappointed when I broke out. Just like its label says, it's 'super blendable'. It definitely is a very liquid product. One pump can go all over the place before you can apply on your face XD so watch out! :p 

Would I recommend it? 

To be honest, I would not recommend it. Although, it gives a natural look and the texture is very light. I think I can find a better foundation that is similar to this one. I guess I just haven't found the right one yet. 

But from my own experience, for my own use, I would stick with BB creams :P


Below are 2 very recent photos I took. I went back to Lioele Beyond the Solution BB cream and up until now, I'm in love with it! 



I hope you enjoyed this review! I will be doing another review for Lioele Beyond the Solution BB cream later. 

Stay tuned and Happy Chinese New Year 2013! :) 

Love,
Rosie 



4 comments:

  1. This foundation didn't break me out but this washes my face off especially on flash photography. I'm still using it at work and hoping to find something to mixed w/ this just like what you did.. very nice review..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment :)

      Maybe you should try to mix a shade darker ? If you think that the current shade is right for you during day time then don't try. But you can try mixing a shade darker for some occasion when you take photos :)

      Hope this helps >.<

      Delete
  2. ah i've been having a couple break outs but i didn't know the cause and didn't even think that the foundation could be the problem, damn i did a review over on my blog praising this foundation x

    http://500daysofchloe.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete